– Excellent work in Infrastructure Field by Maha Metro: Devendra Fadnavis
NAGPUR :- Having being awarded Guinness World Records and two Asia Book of Records earlier, Maha Metro Nagpur today, was honored with the prestigious Asia Book of Records certification for three different categories. The certification and citation was presented by Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadanvis at Metro Bhawan today.
The categories for which Nagpur Metro was presented with Asia Book of Records certification are `Longest Length of Metro Rail Corridor Construction in Shortest Time’, `First Solar PV System in a Metro Rail Project for Integrated Consumption’ and `Heaviest Single Span Double Decker Steel Bridge Truss over Railway tracks in Urban Area’, in Asia. The citation and medal was handed over to Maha Metro MD Dr Brijesh Dixit by Fadanvis. Director (RSS&Op) Sunil Mathur, Director (SP) Anil Kokate, Maha Metro officials and Asia Book of Records Adjudicators – Dr Sunita Dhote and Dr Chitra Jain were present on the occasion.
• In his note, Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadanvis praised Maha Metro for its work. Maha Metro has done amazing work in the field of creating metro corridors and urban infrastructure in the past few years. It has many achievements to its credit which includes development of fastest Metro Corridor and also creating longest Double Decker Bridge to name a few.
The work done under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the entire country has inspired all of us and Maha Metro under the leadership of Dr Brijesh Dixit and is entire team has created this state of art infrastructure which is not only finest aesthetically but absolutely people friendly. I am very happy to be associated with Maha Metro since its inception and look forward to see many more wonderful creations from Maha Metro.
Metro Bhawan is also a Platinum Rated Building and a centre of excellence. I once again congratulate the team Maha Metro for the wonderful work it has done in the state of Maharashtra.
1. Longest Length of Metro Rail Corridor Construction in Shortest Time: Maha Metro executed construction of 24 km long length of Metro rail Corridor in a record span of 51 months, thus laying almost one km of track every two months. Of the 40 km, the work of 24 km including At-grade & Viaduct sections, 3 At-grade stations and 5 elevated stations, has been completed and commissioned in 51 months. This Corridor includes Reach-1 from Sitabuldi Interchange to Khapri Metro Station on the North South Segment which is 13.50 km long and Sitabuldi Interchange to Lokmanya Nagar Metro Station on the East West Segment which is 10.60 km long.
2. First Solar PV System in a Metro Rail Project for Integrated Consumption: Maha Metro has designed Integrated Roof Top, Grid Connected, Net Metered Solar Power system, with potential of upto 50% of energy requirements of Metro. The Solar PV generates 415 V AC and utilizes at various levels from 48 V DC to 132 KV AC for Traction, Stations and EV Charging. Already 5 MWp has been commissioned and another 5.5 MWp is under process. In all 33 Lac units (KWh) has been generated till now and ₹ 5.5 Cr has been saved in the process.
3. Heaviest Single Span Double Decker Steel Bridge Truss over Railway tracks in Urban Area: The Steel Bridge Truss at Gaddigodam is unique, first of its kind in India in terms of design, transportation and adopting state of the art fabrication and launching technique. This 1634 ton steel bridge is made of high strength steel and the assembly, erection and launching have been carried out in urban area with utmost precision and accuracy near Gaddigodam. This four-layer transport section is located in densely populated urban area, makes the Metro Rail level on truss, one of the highest in all four corridors. The structure is one of its kind anywhere on a Metro Rail system which not only serves Highway Flyover and Metro Rail, but also accommodates an existing road, RuB and busy Indian Railway tracks.
It may be recalled that, Wardha Road Double Decker – which was constructed by Maha Metro Nagpur, was chosen for the prestigious Guinness World Record. It has been identified as `Longest Double Decker Via-Duct (Metro)’ by Guinness World Records across the world on 5th December last year. Similarly Union Road Transport & Highw ays Minister Nitin Gadkari, on 10th July 2023, had felicitated Maha Metro for prestigious Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records certification for constructing the `Longest Via-duct with Highway Fly-over and Metro Rail Supported on Single Column Piers’ and `Maximum Metro Stations Constructed on a Double Decker Via-Duct’, in Asia. Thus Maha Metro has to its credit one Guinness World Record certification and five certification each of Asia and India Book of Records in as five different categories.